Thursday, May 25, 2006

Chemo continues, settling into a routine

From Ken:

The Chemo continues until 1:00am Friday and then he will complete the first cycle. Approximately two weeks off and then cycle two starts. Nick is not the happiest camper in the world right now, but he is still doing pretty well. The doctors say he is acting normal in light of what has been happening to him. We had hoped to take him home Friday but now it looks like Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who have sent gifts both to the hospital and to our house....we are getting them and really appreciate it. Please bear with us as we are a little slow on the thank you cards. It is especially great to see the little league teams (boys and girls) sending Nick signed cards and baskets, etc. There is a huge bunch of balloons that were sent today hanging over Nick's bed. Thanks also to all the meals on wheels providers that are keeping us fed and of course to our families who are doing countless tasks. We even had a friend over this AM watering plants and pulling weeds! Wow!

Nothing is normal for us yet but the reality of our new schedule is settling in. I am fortunate that we have cell phones, laptops and high speed Sprint pcs cards. I have actually worked a mostly normal schedule (minus travel) since last week and all of this week. I even get my work voice mails electronically sent via e-mail where I can listen to them from the computer and then call if necessary. I have done conference calls from the hospital room, the hospital cafeteria, and my car. Looking forward to the home office next week.