Friday, July 21, 2006

HOME!

From Ken:

At about 2:00 Eastern yesterday, we got the word that the bone marrow can't happen this week so they told us to come back on Monday at 7:30am. After getting approval from two of the oncologists and two of the nurse practitioners (I could be driving them nuts) that it is safe to fly, we scrambled, got tickets on Jet Blue, did a 5:00pm work conference call and bolted for JFK. The flight sat in traffic at JFK for two hours on the ground but other than that was uneventful. Both sets of grandparents and Leanna and Lawrence met us at the airport at 1:30am. We finally turned in around 3am. Nick and I were both up and at em at 7:00am this morning. Nick slept most of the way home on the plane and I just had a lot on my mind. Fortunately, it was a light day for conference calls and I am mostly under control. We leave again on Sunday but could and should be back home by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Then, we return to NY the following week for Surgery.

Bottom line....happy to be home and Nick is doing GREAT!