Out of the Hospital!!
After 10 straight days, Nick is now out and all of us are relaxing at the hotel. What a relief it is to be out of the hospital. A major chapter in Nick’s treatment is behind us!!
He handled it with such courage….talking and laughing with the doctors’ as he headed into the operating room, facing the challenges of recovery and the side effects of chemo.
From Carolyn: Nick had a few things which he said while in the hospital that I would like to share
On Tuesday, August 8th: We finally were able to get Nick out of his hospital gown and into his clothes and he exclaimed “Ahhhh…..I finally feel like a normal person again!”. (He had been favoring the gown because he did not want the anything around his waistline rubbing against his scar).
Wednesday, August 9: Nick’s doctor came into the room to let us know that they were ready to begin chemo. Nick immediately looked at him and replied “But I am not fully recovered from my surgery yet??!!” While we all agreed strongly with Nick, we knew the importance of keeping on the treatment schedule.
Thursday, August 10: Nick got up at 6:00am not feeling well. He headed into the bathroom due to stomach cramping and diarrhea. I helped him get cleaned up and he climbed back into bed and we both said “I love you” and then Nick replied “Mom, I don’t think I would have got this far without you….and Dad.” Even in his weakest hour, he is thanking us for our help. It brought tears to my eyes.
His spirit never ceases to amaze us! He has stepped up to this challenge with amazing strength and his demeanor and wit have a way of putting us all at ease. Sweet New Year battles on!!


<< Home