Sunday, September 24, 2006

NY PediCabs

After seeing his mom and grandmother off to the airport, Nick sat around on the couch like he has been doing since we returned here after Labor Day. Then, around three o'clock he agreed to go to the Blacksheep Irish Pub and watch the A's clinch it. Fortunately, since they lost, the game was not on so we didn't stay long and instead went back to the hotel so I could listen to them lose. At least I didn't have to see it. Magic number still 2.

After the game was over, I walked up to Grand Central and rented a Pedicab and driver for a big tour of NYC. My only requirement was that the driver spoke English perfectly and that safety crossed his mind once or twice. It wasn't easy but I found a 60 year old Irishman named Sean O'Connor, told him what I wanted to do and asked for a price. He said it was for Nick and it was free. I explained a few things about business to him, handed him some cash and said lets go!

So, we go back to the hotel, pick up Nick and end up touring all over the city for about 2 and half hours. Nick especially loved Times Square and wants to go the huge Toy's R Us that has a Ferris Wheel inside it. Sean dropped us off at Wolfgangs for a steak and we ended up having a great time. It was one of the first "fun" things that we have done in NY since we first got here in July.

It is obvious that Nick's blood counts are finally heading North and I hope they stay that way.