Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mid Day Update

It is Wednesday about noon in NYC and we are still waiting to start the bone marrow surgical procedure. Things happen at their own pace around here sometimes. We are looking forward to getting this last test over with and of course we are hoping for great results!

On the way to the hospital this am it was pouring rain....and I mean pouring. I was pushing Nick in the wheel chair and there was no way to stay dry even with an umbrella. Of course I can't hold an umbrella and push the chair at the same time so we just covered up Nick and ran for it. It was really no big deal because it was a warm rain and a little water was not going to hurt us. But, there were two construction workers sharing an umbrella and when they saw us the guy holding the umbrella took it off of him and his buddy and held it over Nick. Pretty cool from a total stranger who didn't speak a word of English. New Yorkers continue to go out of their way to help us. I wish this stuff made the news a little more often.