Tuesday, January 15, 2008

NYC Update

Happy New Year!!

We are in New York and dealing with the 5 tests. (Urine, Blood, CT Scan, MIBG Scan, Bone Marrow). It is cold here but not as cold as it could be for this time of year. MSKCC is a harsh dose of reality. Everyone here has cancer and there are a lot of people here. Seeing all the kids that are just starting out or right in the middle of their treatment is really tough to deal with.....CANCER SUCKS!


Another strange feeling is as we walk in ....we know just about everyone .....and they all come up and hug Nick and me like we are the lucky ones....and we are. We are happy to give the hugs back but it is a weird feeling nonetheless. Fortunately, Nick forgets about that when we are home with our great family and friends. He just carries on like nothing happened. One of the nurse practitioners that I really like ....they are all excellent but I like this one more than the others was asking all the loaded questions to Nick and I couldn't help myself and said...you already asked me if everything was going well and I said YES and now you are quizzing Nick. She was ready for that and said...that is what we do....we need to make sure he doesn't have any symptoms and he doesn't. This process drives me crazy each time. I am sure he is fine but until Kushner sends me an email we must stress out. Y'all know how easy going I am!!

The bottom line is that everything went smooth and we are hoping for the same today. I'll update again after today's tests and once I know the results.