New Day, New Info!
First the really great news....all Nicks tests show NED (No Evidence of Disease) pending the results of the bone marrow from today. It is expected to be clean also just like it was in July.
Now the other great news....we found this steakhouse called Ruths Chris right here in Manhattan and both Nick and I ate like animals last night....he needed to eat like that, I didn't, but I will hit the treadmill extra hard to make up for it. Like the dozens of others I have been to, this Ruths Chris was excellent also.
Today, we arrived at the PDH at 7:15 for the pre-op, waited around until 9 and then found out that Nick needed platelets again before he could have his procedure. The procedure was all finished about 11 but Nick did not wake up completely until about 1:00. I was able to work on the computer while he was out of it. He is totally fine now and walked to the bank with me which is 4 blocks each way....an 8 block walk is huge for him.
Tomorrow, we have a mock up with the radiology department. This is a change since he is not ready to start the antibody until the week of October 9th now. I think they may start radiation now instead of waiting until after the first 3f8 treatment. So much for coming home!! The positive of this is that when we do get to home, it will be for 2 or 3 weeks instead of just a few days. Once again, we won't know until we know but we will know more tomorrow.


<< Home