More Of The Same
Thursday was similar to Wednesday. Silver Star for breakfast, followed by miserable treatments all afternoon. The good news yesterday is that we got out of there about an hour earlier and headed back to the hotel. Nick needed more pain medicine at the hotel and some visteral to control the hives. Don't worry grandma's...pain and hives are expected during this treatment and the medicines mostly control them. Nick is one of the few kids that rarely needs these medicines once we leave the clinic, but yesterday he did.
At about 8:00pm, Nick recovered and we walked to China Fun across the street (Expensive Terrible Chinese Food) and had dinner. It was our first time out of the hotel since the treatments started. Then, when we got back, he said....Hey Dad, I feel pretty good, lets go to Jackson Hole and get a milkshake...so off we went. Jackson Hole is also right across the street and is a local chain that serves up 3/4 pound burgers (my kinda place) and real milkshakes...you know...they dig in an ice cream carton and put the ice cream in a blender and pour in milk....so we had a good evening after all.
Today, we do it again and then are off for the weekend except for the shot and bactrum. I have to go to the pharmacy today to pick up all the drugs for the 8 weeks at home. Because of this large pharmacy order I had my first run-in with the insurance people....lets just say they got to meet me yesterday...the prescriptions are being filled!!
As for work, which lots of people ask me about, I probably get more done while here. Cell phone and wireless technology lets me work full days without much trouble and of course I am with the computer all the time. In my spare time, I installed Google Analytics on the blog to track how many people are hitting the site.....pretty amazing....about 150 per day from all over the US and even one from France.


<< Home