School Bake Sale
Nick's 4th grade class is having a bake sale today to help raise funds for the http://www.loneliestroad.org/ campaign. THANKS to all the teachers and parents who helped organize the bake sale!!
It appears that the bike ride was a success in generating awareness but that it has fallen short in the fund raising area. This is a real shame because 3f8 is a proven cure for certain types of Neuroblastoma and not just some black hole of cancer research. The HU3f8 is as close to a "sure thing" as research gets. I would never wish this disease on anyone but sometimes I wish a huge celebrity's kid would get it. The $3m that is needed for HU3f8 is pocket change for some people and it is a shame that the bike ride could not get someone to step up.
On a much more positive note, Nick continues to do great!! He loves to ride his bike to school and play all day long. He is full of energy and everything else that little boys are full of. We have another week and a half at home and then we head back to NY for quarterly testing.
While in NY I will get more details from the 5 dads as to where everything stands. The Nick Lynch fans have already been huge supporters of the Loneliest Road campaign and I really appreciate all the people who helped arrange the Sacramento send off, attended the send off, sent donations, and are planning other events to raise money for this cause.


<< Home