Cycle Two
From Ken:
MSKCC advised us to start and finish the 2nd cycle of chemo here in Sacramento at Sutter Memorial so that is what we are doing. Nick is like his old self right now but knows he is going to get whacked hard by chemo tomorrow. We had a great weekend, watched the 4 time World Champions sweep the Yankees....I always refer to the A's as the 4-time World Champions mostly because they won 4 titles and the Giants are the Zero Time World Champions....and Nick picked up on the sign at the Stadium in NY that said 26 Time World Champions. He called me on it and said "dad...the 26 time world champion Yankees just took a 5-4 lead" That was awesome.... I couldn't believe he hit me with that!!
Today, Kenny, Nick and I snuck on to a private country club with a guy from Oregon and a distinguished businessman and caught fish after fish in the lake by the par 3 number 3. The fish must like eating my golf balls because some of them were big! (The club is closed on Monday's and it is totally against the rules to fish but they have not installed cameras yet).....Oh...and this just in...Kenny's team is in the championship game. He is 4 for his last 4 and was 1-1 tonight with a walk and an RBI. They won 6-2. I am very proud of Kenny because he could care less about baseball until about 8 games ago and now he is fired up about it. I knew he had it in him somewhere. I am positive that cutting off his food and water was a totally appropriate motivational technique.
OK, enough of sounding happy....tomorrow, everything changes as we head back to the hospital.


<< Home