Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wednesday Tolerable

Wednesday was like Tuesday...no fun at all but it was tolerable for Nick and me. Two more days and counting!!!

The day had unfortunate anxiety with the plane crash 3 blocks away from the hospital. MSKCC is at 68th and York and the plane went into the building at 71st and York. I was very concerned if I had to evacuate Nick out to the streets as he was sleeping from the morphine and it was raining outside. That would have been difficult. Once we found out that the accident was not terrorist related, it was just an inconvenience. It cost me $50 bucks to get a ride back to the hotel. It usually costs $9. Some town car guy that is not from around here dropped off people and I opened the back door and got in. I am becoming a New Yorker as 'NO' was not an acceptable answer when he told me that he could not pick up street people like me. The $50 bucks changed his mind. The streets were all closed and there must have been 100 people ahead of me waiting for the normal cabs that were not coming. I am still stewing about the $50 bucks since that buys a great steak at Wolfgangs but I am getting over it.