Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Just A Monday

It is unbelievable how many kids have cancer and that ALL of them must have been at the PDH yesterday. The place was jumping.

Because of that, we got a late start on the antibody. We got there about 10:30 since it takes Nick forever to give himself the GM-CSF injection which started about 9:30 at the hotel...then, it was quite a process consisting of a finger stick blood test, full exam and vitals by the nurse, QA session with Dr. Kushner, Insertion of the IV, take the pre-meds and finally start the mouse about 2:00pm. Fortunately, Nick handled all this without any problems and we were all finished and out of there by 6:00pm. He loaded up in a wheel chair and we made the chilly 1.5 avenue plus 3 block walk back to the hotel at 64th between 2nd & 3rd.

He wanted McDonald's so I walked back to 1st and 71st to get it for him but their milkshake machine was busted so I also went to another place to get him a chocolate shake. He downed everything and definitely has is appetite back. I tried to get him out but he didn't want to leave the room. I'll try again tonight.

Fortunately for me, there is a place called Scalinatella Ristorante that is outstanding and only 3 blocks from the hotel at 61st street. I can get a nice dinner at the counter in a NY Minute. You ask them for things and they bring them...right away. Campagnola is still better but this place is fabulous and if you are ever in NY, give it a try. You will need a reservation to get in if you want a table and USD's to get out.